Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Typhoon Ondoy



I always refused to see devastating news, because it always affects me badly. I just maybe simply want to escape to be sad, angry and most of all feeling guilty. Our country is always been bombarded with calamities of nature, politics issues, poverty and any kind of news that actually made me stress, when i heard of it.

This one reminds me of my last experience at typhoon "Ruping", we back 19 years ago.Watching over this video still made me shiver and can't help but cry. Soaking wet and frozen hiding somewhere safe, that's a hell of a one sleepless night. But this one is worst.Cebu City where my family is, so far not affected, but it always still scares me anytime soon another typhoon will come and will never know where it hits again.

Eleven years in Brunei, i felt lucky this time, never experienced such a tragic moment anymore. Yet, guilt overwhelmed me.I am not rich, but i sleep in an air conditioned bedroom, ride a nice car,wear branded outfit, trying to skip meals not to get fat, work and deal with rich good people around me,everything i see is just beautiful and nice. While in the outside world, at this moment in time my fellowmen struggling to survived,no shelter, food and maybe some of them lost clothing..

More than words that i can say, hope and pray everything will be alright sooner..Don't give up my beloved country!

No comments: